[Juser] XMPP error

Kavithaa Rajavenkateshwaran kavithaa at ci.uchicago.edu
Fri Feb 23 17:02:34 CST 2007

I'm not able to connect to jabber server.I'm getting the following error

"There was an error communicationg with jabber server
Details :XMPP stream error:Generic stream error"

I googled this error,it was mentioned that this may be due to
connecting to jabber when there is another
psi client already connected to jabber.But I don't have anyother
instance running.

Xml console output is below:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<stream:stream xmlns:stream="http://etherx.jabber.org/streams"
xmlns="jabber:client" to="hotmail.com" >

<?xml version='1.0'?><stream:stream xmlns:stream='http://
etherx.jabber.org/streams' id='45DF0B97' xmlns='jabber:client'
from='hotmail.com'>

<iq type="get" id="auth_1" to="hotmail.com" >
<query xmlns="jabber:iq:auth">
<username>kavithaa_rv</username>
</query>
</iq>
stream:error>Disconnected</stream:error>
Pl. help me to resolve this

Thanks
Kavithaa
<