[Juser] Multiple clients connected simultaneously on same jabber server?

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Fri Jan 19 09:51:10 CST 2007

rkdsojza wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is it possible to connect multiple times simultaneously on the same
> Jabber server with different IP addresses?

Yes.

> I would like to have switched on my jabber client on two different
> computers, and some times I'm on the one, some times on the other.

Yes you can connect many clients at once.

> But currently when I have my two clients on, then I receive a message
> from a user only on one of the two connected clients.

That's right -- most existing server implementation deliver a message
only to one of your connected clients. One exception is the Google Talk
service.

> Is is possible to use simultaneously multiple clients? And what must
> I set in the server configuration file to receive a message of an
> user on all clients?

That depends on the server implementation. Some server implementations
(perhaps most) don't support this even as a configuration option.

XMPP Standards Foundation