[Juser] Re: Some questions about the vCard photo

Peter Flindt newsgroups at Lastwebpage.de
Mon Jun 4 12:21:03 CDT 2007

Peter Saint-Andre wrote :
> BTW, on the jabber.org server we have a maximum message (in fact
> "stanza") size of 65k, so if people have vCards with large image data
> then the vCards won't be sent to their buddies. We have a policy of
> contacting such people and telling them to trim their image data.
> Peter

If I understand you correct, that means avatar and photo SHOULD have
both the size from above, 96*96 max, recommend 64*64 less, than 8KB,
but both images can be different?

My client handle both images, but only the avatar have restriction for
the dimensions, the vCard photo have only a limit of filesize (40kb),
therefore I thought the XEP docs talk only about the avatar, my
mistake. ;)