[Juser] simultaneous logins

NoAlWin lambda512 at gmail.com
Thu May 10 10:57:41 CDT 2007

El Jueves 10 Mayo 2007, ed escribió:
> Hi, I know Jabber supports simultaneous logins with different Resources,
> but is there a way to make it so that 2 simultaneous logins can receive all
> messages?
>
> That is, I'm logged in to my computer via Psi and also logged in via my
> portable. When someone messages me, *only* the Psi instance will get the
> message. If I message someone *first* from the portable, and they reply,
> *then* the portable will get the messages, but my Psi won't. The only way
> my portable will get the initial messages from others is if Psi is offline.
>
> So if I need to wander around the office with my portable, the only option
> seems to be to log off Psi, and then log back on when I get back to my
> desk. I'd prefer if both Psi and the portable receive *all* messages and
> can respond accordingly. Is there a way to do this?
>
> Thanks,
> Ed

The developement version has added support to execute commands in a remote
client. You can change the status and priority of a remote client, and
forward the messages from that client to you. You can try the beta5 or the
svn version.

Another option is auto-logoff after X minutes idle and to receive the offline
messages when you reconect.
http://www.kismith.co.uk/wordpress/index.php/2007/02/13/psi-011-beta5/
http://psi-im.org/wiki/Remote_Controlling