[Juser] large vCards @ jabber.org

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Mon May 14 12:30:24 CDT 2007

During our recent data cleanup, we discovered that about 300 users had
vCards larger than our maximum message size. Such a big vCard is useless
because if someone requests it, the server will ignore the request since
the outbound message [1] would exceed the maximum. Therefore we have
deleted those ~300 vCards. You will need to re-create your vCard if we
deleted it. Sorry about that, but it was not practical to contact each
person directly.

Peter

[1] In fact it's an <iq/> stanza in XMPP-speak. :)