[Juser] Unable to remove roster item

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed Oct 17 17:33:46 CDT 2007

On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 01:55:39PM +0200, Sebastian Schuberth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got a transport on my roster that is no longer active / running
> that I cannot remove. I've tried removing it with PSI, Miranda, and
> the Jabber Roster Utility (which did not work for me at all). This is
> the XML for the transport that I get when querying my roster:
>
> <query xmlns="jabber:iq:roster">
> <item ask="subscribe" jid="icq.jabber.ccc.de/registered" subscription="from" />
> </query>
>
> Does it mean that the subscription is pending, and of course will
> never finish as the transport is offline? Is that the reason why I
> cannot remove it? Any hints how to remive it?

You can remove a roster item even if the subscription is pending or the
item is no longer available on the network.

What happens if you send the following XML at the console?

<iq type="set" id="foo">
 <query xmlns="jabber:iq:roster">
   <item jid="icq.jabber.ccc.de/registered" subscription="remove" />
  </query>
</iq>

https://stpeter.im/