[Juser] Unable to remove roster item

Sebastian Schuberth sschuberth at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 17:01:30 CDT 2007

> > > your server administrator about it -- I know that on jabber.org I can
> > > execute a database query to remove such items (and I've been forced to
> > > do that in the past).
> >
> > Any hint who to talk to for the jabber.com server?
>
> mailto:support at jabber.org

For that address I'm getting:

    support at jabber.org

Technical details of permanent failure:
PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 13): 550 5.1.1 <support at jabber.org>:
Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table

And in case you meant mailto:support at jabber.com, I'vealso mailed them,
but these guys only give commercial support to guys with a commercial
support account as it seems.

> > BTW, is there a clean way to migrate one's Jabber profile from one
> > server to another, e.g. from jabber.com to jabber.org (so that no
> > traces are left on jabber.com)?
>
> Not really. It's always a messy process. But perhaps someone on the list
> has suggestions (I know that there used to be a tool for this but I
> don't know how good it was, but I've used the same jabber account since
> 1999 so I'm not interested in switching). :)

So I guess I'll create a new account on jabber.org, copy my roster
there and try to make them delete my account on jabber.com.

--
Sebastian Schuberth