[Juser] Voice/Video over Jabber?

Gregory aeon at pandora.be
Sat Oct 20 05:12:08 CDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-18 at 22:29 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 18/10/2007, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 10:50:21AM +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > > I regularly convert friend's machines from Windows (usually XP) to
> > > Linux (Usually Ubuntu or Fedora). A recent convert is a very heavy IM
> > > user, who needs an IM client that has these capabilities:
> > > 1) Text chat
> > > 2) Voice chat
> > > 3) Video chat
> > > 4) Send File
> >
> > Heck, we're still working to get all those working well in Jabber. :)
> >
> > > And it needs to work with these protocols:
> > > 1) MSN
> > > 2) Yahoo
> > > 3) ICQ
> >
> > We work on Jabber here, not closed technologies.

If you want chat, text, voice and video all-in-one, you're better off
with a decent SIP client like OpenWengo. You can chat with people on any
major network and you can do video and voice. Video and voice goes over
SIP obviously. And it is cross platform.
http://www.wengophone.com/
http://www.openwengo.org/

Gregory