[Juser] jabber.org server upgrade

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Tue Apr 29 10:15:27 CDT 2008

Julian Bäume wrote:
> On Monday 28 April 2008 Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>> Just out of curiosity, what client are you using? We need clients to
>> upgrade to TLS + SASL (we effectively deprecated the old SSL-only port
>> in 2004).
> I'm using kopete 0.12.7 with kde 3.5.9.

I will ping the Kopete project about adding STARTTLS support. The Gossip
team reports that it will be in the next release.

> I hope that you can spot and fix these issues soon.

As mentioned, until we have a permanent fix in place we are closely
monitoring port 5223 so we can tell when it goes down, then restart it
again. For example I restarted it again about 10 minutes ago.

https://stpeter.im/