[Juser] jabber.org read error

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Fri Feb 8 15:29:38 CST 2008

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Daniel wrote:
>> im having read errors with the jabber.org server which cause a
>> disconnection with the jabber.org server using Pidgin 2.3.1
>> Gtalk account works fine I've had this problem for ages
>
> <snip/>
>
>> (18:37:03) sasl: Mechs found: DIGEST-MD5 PLAIN
>> (18:37:03) sasl: No worthy mechs found
>
> Evidently your configuration does not think that DIGEST-MD5 is a worthy
> authentication mechanism, which is odd since that's pretty secure. I'll
> ask my Pidgin developer friends if they have seen this problem.

I asked one of the Pidgin developers and he said:

***

[14:20:18] <stpeter> is there a known problem with pidgin and jabber.org
regarding acceptable auth mechanisms?
[14:20:28] <stpeter> someone told me they couldn't log in using PLAIN or MD5
[14:21:17] <deryni> Not that I'm aware of. I just logged in with
DIGEST-MD5 here.
[14:21:22] <stpeter> ok
[14:21:23] <stpeter> thanks
[14:21:30] <stpeter> I'll ask this person to try to reproduce it
[14:21:39] <deryni> If they are using linux, make sure they have the
appropriate sasl2 modules packages installed.
[14:22:00] <deryni> They are often separate from sasl itself, causing it
to work but have no mech support.

***

As discussed here:

http://logs.jabber.org/jdev@conference.jabber.org/2008-02-08.html#15:20:17