[Juser] IM acronyms

Jesse Thompson jesse.thompson at doit.wisc.edu
Wed Mar 5 09:39:37 CST 2008

I was just trying to be funny.  :-)

I almost find it silly when someone tries to create an authoritative
description of a dynamic social construct.  Maybe a wiki would be a
better place for this kind of information.

On the other hand, I frequently have to google acronyms that I haven't
heard before, so *someone* has to be an authority on the topic.
Jabber.org is as appropriate as anyone else.

Maybe it would be useful to add to the page a list of suggestions
(google it) and resources (wikipedia, urban dictionary, etc) that people
can consult if they want to look up what an acronym means.

Jesse