[Juser] Federating Openfire/Spark with BlackBerry

Jason Salas jason at kuam.com
Mon Jan 26 22:33:30 CST 2009

Hi everyone!  I'm a new member, so forgive me if this has been asked a
million times - I'd like some advice on getting my desktop Spark IM
client to federate with the BlackBerries my co-workers and I use.  I'd
need to buy/install third-party app licenses for each of the
BlackBerries my company uses and communicate with my Openfire server
from the devices...but sadly I can't initiate a conversation with RIM's
network using Spark.  This is really unfortunate.

Can anyone shed any light on this?  Might this be an issue just with
Openfire for which the community can just build a plugin (I was
surprised to learn that none exists).  Or is this RIM just wanting to
limit control of the ways in which people interact with their users?

Thanks!
Jason

--
Jason Salas
Interactive Media Director / News Anchor
E-mail: jason at kuam.com
Site: http://kuam.com
Blog: http://jasonsalas.com
Friendfeed: http://friendfeed.com/jasonsalas