[Juser] "SSL certificate" error with Gajim

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Thu Feb 11 09:34:09 CST 2010

On 2/10/10 9:50 AM, Jean-Philippe Fleury wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since the "SSL certificate" modification on jabber.org, I have the
> following error when I access my jabber.org account:
>
>> Erreur durant la vérification du certificat SSL
>>
>> Une erreur est survenue lors de la vérification du certificat SSL de votre serveur Jabber : L'authentification du certificat jabber.org peut être invalide.
>> Erreur SSL : Certificat auto-signé dans la chaîne de certificat
>> Voulez-vous toujours vous connecter à ce serveur ?
>>
>> [] Ignorer cette erreur pour ce certificat.
>>
>> Annuler Valider
>
> Have you any idea why there's such an error? I don't want to ignore this
> error without really understanding.

Gajim thinks there is a self-signed certificate in the chain. Probably
that means your operating system does not recognize the (new) Startcom
root certificate as valid. For how long have you been seeing this error
message? Before December ~17 (when we switched from the old cert to the
new cert)? Between December ~17 and January 29 (when we fixed a problem
with the new cert)? Only since January 29? This information will help us
debug.

Thanks!

https://stpeter.im/