[Juser] facebook ignores XMPP status

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Fri Feb 12 09:08:35 CST 2010

On 2/12/10 7:25 AM, Jesse Thompson wrote:
> Is it just me, or does Facebook ignore XMPP client status?  I'm either
> online or offline.  Facebook doesn't seem to translate my client being
> away/xa/na as being idle in FB.

Hi Jesse,

It appears that the Facebook XMPP interface is just that -- an
incomplete interface to what is still essentially an HTTP service. They
support a minimal subset of XMPP functionality, which means only on/off
presence and message bodies (perhaps with XHTML support). No extended
data at all, no availability states, no IQs, etc. We're hoping that they
will add more features over time...

https://stpeter.im/