[Juser] jabber.org downtime

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 03:01:15 CST 2010

Hi,

Folks, i understand and value your efforts and really appreciate the
service you're providing for jabber.org XMPP users.

But there's one frustrating thing about it: lack of noticies. For me
it's worse than the instability itself. I'd expect to see every
planned or unexpected downtime announced either at the website or
identi.ca with ETA for recovery listed.

Right at the moment the server is unavailable for more than 12 hours
straight and i've really no idea how many hours more i have to wait,
that makes me feel really uncomfortable.

I really hope your policy will incorporate a mandatory requirement to
post information and details at some known location every time
something happens with the server.

TIA
mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com