[Juser] jabber.org downtime

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Sun Jan 24 15:01:57 CST 2010

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 8:16 PM, Rainer Dorsch <rdorsch at web.de> wrote:
> thanks for updating us on what is going on.

We'll try to keep doing this.

> I cannot connect:
> Neither with
> -> Kopete 0.12.7 (KDE 3.5.10, Debian 5.0 ).

This looks like a problem with old versions of Kopete not supporting
XMPP (they support a version of the protocol before it became XMPP -
which was a very long time ago). I have been told that the new Kopete
(in KDE4) supports XMPP fine. Old versions of Kopete can be made to
work by ticking 'allow plaintext auth' - but be aware that this is
very insecure and I would very strongly recommend against it.

> nor with
> -> telepathy-gabble (0.8.8, Nokia N900)

I'm afraid I don't have an N900 to test this on, are there any
settings that you can tweak to find out what's going on - or any sort
of debug console?

/K