[Juser] jabber.org downtime

Marek Wehmer bomox at web.de
Sun Jan 24 12:35:47 CST 2010

Am 24.01.2010, 19:07 Uhr, schrieb Kevin Smith <kevin at kismith.co.uk>:

> On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 6:01 PM, Maciej Strzelecki
> <maciej at strzelecki.name> wrote:
>> I'm unable to connect to jabber.org XMPP service for for last few
>> days. My JID is maciej.strzelecki at jabber.org.
>
> Hi - what client are you using?
> It's possible that some very old clients will only support the legacy
> connection method over SSL (which is no longer enabled on jabber.org),
> and not the newer connection method (which has been standard for many
> years now).
> If you can confirm that it's not a client problem (e.g. by attempting
> to log in with the newest Psi or Gajim), we'll look at your account to
> check nothing's up.
>
> /K

I'm also unable to login for some days now, or, more exactly, i succeed to
log in sometimes for about 10 seconds then my client states "Generic
Stream Error" and the connection gets lost. I already tried to disable SSL
but no difference (since there is not really a "login" problem). I am
using Kopete under the latest KDE environnement (Fedora 12).

p.s: just tried to login with pidgin and it seems to work, so it's
probably a problem with kopete. Any ideas ?