[Juser] jabber.org downtime

Rainer Dorsch rdorsch at web.de
Sun Jan 24 15:40:23 CST 2010

Hi Kevin,

thanks for the quick reply.

Am Sonntag, 24. Januar 2010 schrieb Kevin Smith:
> On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 8:16 PM, Rainer Dorsch <rdorsch at web.de> wrote:
> > thanks for updating us on what is going on.
>
> We'll try to keep doing this.
>
> > I cannot connect:
> > Neither with
> > -> Kopete 0.12.7 (KDE 3.5.10, Debian 5.0 ).
>
> This looks like a problem with old versions of Kopete not supporting
> XMPP (they support a version of the protocol before it became XMPP -
> which was a very long time ago). I have been told that the new Kopete
> (in KDE4) supports XMPP fine. Old versions of Kopete can be made to
> work by ticking 'allow plaintext auth' - but be aware that this is
> very insecure and I would very strongly recommend against it.

I was curious and tried that. I also have to disable ssl encryption, then it
works again. I plan to upgrade to KDE4 very soon.

> > nor with
> > -> telepathy-gabble (0.8.8, Nokia N900)
>
> I'm afraid I don't have an N900 to test this on, are there any
> settings that you can tweak to find out what's going on - or any sort
> of debug console?

I have to take this back, the N900 works again, not sure what changed.

Thanks,
Rainer

--
Rainer Dorsch
Lärchenstr. 6
email: rdorsch at web.de
jabber: rdorsch at jabber.org
GPG Fingerprint: 5966 C54C 2B3C 42CC 1F4F  8F59 E3A8 C538 7519 141E
Full GPG key: http://pgp.mit.edu/