[Juser] Inter-server encryption

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Tue Jul 20 22:47:59 CST 2010

On 6/25/10 9:15 AM, us3r07 at web.de wrote:
>  Hello!
>
> I have two question about the Inter-server encryption feature, that is
> offered by some Jabber service providers to encrypt the communication
> between two clients from server-to-server.
>
> 1. Where can I see, if a Jabber server is using this feature? Is
> Jabber.org using it? Can you give me a list?

s2s encryption depends on both servers supporting it and deploying
certificates that are acceptable to the other side. There is no method
right now that would enable a client to know if a given s2s link is
encrypted.

> 2. Is this feature even working, if the user I am communicating with is
> registered to a Jabber server, that doesn't take use of it?

No, if the other server doesn't support it then s2s encryption won't work.

This is one reason why we need good end-to-end encryption...

https://stpeter.im/