[Juser] [new jabber user question] publish tunes

naw lambda512 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 23:12:05 UTC 2011

On Viernes 08 Abril 2011 17:44:10 urodelo escribió:
> Hello list.
> I'm new to jabber and I'm trying to understand a bit how it works. I've
> had an account since some years, but I've just used it for some im
> transports.
> I use PSI 0.14 under Debian. I've seen that there's the possibility of
> publishing the tune i'm listening to. If I've understood well, the server
> must support PEP for this, and jabber.org it does (isn't it?) I've checked
> the flag on "publish tune" on my psi client, but what is not clear to me
> (yes, I'm a noob) is where I can see the info about the song- I've
> connected my 2 jabber accounts on the same client while listening to a
> song, but I can't find where the info is published. Maybe I'm missing
> something, maybe I need to subscribe to a pep transport or similar, but if
> so, while browsing for service3s on jabber.org I couldn't find it.
>
> For listening to my songs I use mplayer; this is not among the players
> cited on PSI wiki, but I' can't see many infos about supported players
> there, especially running on Linux distros.
>
> Can anybody kindly help me please?
> Thanks in advance

Hello

In linux, Psi only seems to support MPC. It also can extract the data from a file (~/.psi/tune ?) So you can play with this, maybe looking if mplayer can log the songs to a file ad then parse the file and write the correct data to the file.

Another option, is to use the deberlopement version that seems to support much more players (
http://redmine.psi-im.org/issues/show/1000 ) ; amarok, audacious, bmp, and those that have an MPRIS interface.

Psi+ (a patched version of Psi) also should support MPRIS (and others?)