[Juser] Unannounced outages

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Mon Apr 11 21:26:09 UTC 2011

Hello,

Over the past few weeks, the jabber.org XMPP service has been down for
about an hour at a time multiple times. The outages happen around 21:00
UTC each time.

At the time of writing this email, jabber.org (port 5222) is not
responding. I have tried from multiple ISPs so I know the issue is not
local.

jabber.org is resolving to 208.68.163.220.

I can find no announcement of these outages. Does anyone else see these
outages? I am finding the jabber.org XMPP service difficult to use when
it is this unreliable.

Thanks,
Michael