[Juser] More unannounced outages

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Mon Aug 1 19:48:07 UTC 2011

Last night (USA night) around Aug 1st 6:00 UTC the jabber.org service
was unreachable for several hours.

Just this instant (Mon Aug  1 19:44:40 UTC 2011) the gmail.com gateway
has gone down.

I realize this is a free service and I shouldn't expect the world, but I
am at a crossroads with this service.

Are there any donations (money or hardware) that are needed to help keep
this service running? If it is a staffing issue, would you be willing to
sign-on more help to troubleshoot or reboot services when they go down?

If this situation is considered "normal" then I will have to part ways
with jabber.org and just use gmail.com from now on. I don't believe they
have ever had a recorded outage.

Thanks,
Michael