[Juser] How to send chat content to another server using xmpp?

Jesse Thompson jesse.thompson at doit.wisc.edu
Thu Dec 8 18:39:06 UTC 2011

> On 11/13/11 6:05 PM, savannah_beckett wrote:
>>
>> I want to be able to join a multi-user chat room like Google Talk or Facebook
>> Chat as a user using xmpp, then send all the chat content to a server for
>> analysis.  How?  I know how to send individual messages to a user, but not
>> sending all the chat content in a multi-user chat room to another server.
>> Any suggestions?
>> Thanks.
>
> Copy and paste. :)
>
> There's no way to do this automatically, unless you install a
> special-purpose bot in the chatroom.

I assume that would be difficult since, as far as I am aware, Google
Talk and Facebook do not support the XMPP form of multi-user chat.  I
wouldn't be surprised if Google and Facebook actively prevent the type
of thing you are trying to accomplish.

If the question is in regards to an XMPP multi-user chat room, and if
you want to program in Perl, then take a look at AnyEvent::XMPP for
creating the XMPP bot
https://metacpan.org/module/AnyEvent::XMPP

There are some samples described there that should be easy to modify to
suit your needs.  Here are the examples it references.
https://metacpan.org/source/ELMEX/AnyEvent-XMPP-0.51/samples

Jesse