[Juser] Can't send messages bnw.im

Eric Koldeweij aragon at no-sense.net
Fri Dec 28 07:25:26 UTC 2012

Hello,

I can not make out much from the dump file except that there is a TCP
connection between 208.68.163.216 and 46.4.49.182 so the infrastructure
is OK. What I noticed myself is that about 10 days ago jabber.org
changed its certificate. I noticed that after that connections between
my server and jabber.org did not work any more. After a lot of puzzling
I found out that the cause was that the new certificate did not have
"SSL client" set as purpose and therefore my server rejected its
certificate when jabber.org opened a connection to my server.
I fixed it by turning off certificate checking and after that it worked
again. Maybe something similar is the matter with your service? It would
not explain why regular messages do work; maybe your microblogging
service uses its own authentication different from the XMPP service?

Good luck in fixing.

Regards,
Eric.