[Juser] Troubles joining rooms at conference.jabber.ru

Alexander Batischev eual.jp at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 11:15:28 UTC 2012

Hello!

I'm experiencing some strange kind of trouble for about a month
already. When I try to join the room, my client (mcabber 0.10.1, also
tested with Pidgin 2.10.6 and Gajim 0.15) reports that it sent join
request, but I never actually join the room (no nicks appear, no topic
is shown etc.). But most strange of all, I do appear in the publicly
available logs of the chatrooms.

I believe the problem lies on the jabber.org's side because I talked to
other people who use conference.jabber.ru and they say everything works
fine for them. I couldn't find anyone with jabber.org's account, though.

Sorry for letting you know so late - first I didn't really care, then I
didn't read info about the mailing list carefully and just mailed it
without subscribing. But it's better late than never, right?

--
Regards,
Alexander Batischev

PGP key 356961A20C8BFD03
Fingerprint: CE6C 4307 9348 58E3 FD94  A00F 3569 61A2 0C8B FD03