[Juser] XMPP introduction page

Vic vmla at outlook.com
Mon Sep 3 12:17:22 UTC 2012

Hi there,

When I tell people to contact me over XMPP, they don't know what it
is. While most of them already have an XMPP account because they're
using Gmail, they have no idea what XMPP is or what they can do with
it.

I remember the pages about OpenID, saying "Surprise! You may already
have an OpenID."

http://openid.net/get-an-openid/

Is there a page like that for XMPP? A page that explains what XMPP is
without going to the technical side? A website that lets people know
that they might already have an XMPP account, and that they can simply
chat with me using that existing account?

I know that there are pages like xmpp.net, but that doesn't work for
"normal people".

-- Vic