[Juser] all buddies show offline M-F, online weekends?

tms tms at cablemo.net
Mon Feb 4 17:21:18 UTC 2013

For the past 2-3 weeks, all my buddies show up as "offline" except on
weekends.  This is true of Gmail buddies, jabber.org buddies, all of
them.  Even on weekends, if a buddy tries to chat with me, Jabber
periodically starts bouncing messages and claiming service is
unavailable.

I do not want to migrate to Gmail, but Jabber is proving completely
unusable.  When I try to enter the jabber chatroom at
conference.jabber.org, it says I need to wait to be "given voice" ...
but I never am, and can never post any message to the room, nor
communicate with the moderators, or anyone else in the room.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me?