[Juser] In band Registration how secure it is?

Manoj Raj rajmanoj.bottle at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 06:11:09 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am trying to build a system in XMPP with in-band  registration enabled? I
am working on a client in java which will have a page to register with the
fields username and password.

I have a mysql table 'users' where the username and password(as hash) will
be stored and i am planning to send an email activation code to activate
the code...

Is it safe to send the password as plain text through XMPP during
registration? Any security measures i can take to avoid hacks or spams?

Any good ideas to proceed further on this implementation? Please guide me.

Thank you all...