[Juser] Can I communicate with a Facebook user using a Jabber client

Ottavio Caruso ottavio2006-usenet2012 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 29 14:16:10 UTC 2013

My first post and apologies for the newbie topic.

I used to chat with a relative of mine using Gtalk (me on Android, she
on Windows) using a standard gmail account.

Recently Google has forced an upgrade from Gtalk to Hangouts, which
the both of us, for different reason, have refused.

Of course we could probably use a third party Jabber client compatible
with Google hangouts to chat, however I wonder if I, using a Jabber
client like Xabber on Android, am able to connect to Facebook chat,
using my Gmail address as a login and without registering to Facebook.

I must read somewhere that Facebook used to be XMPP compatible but not any more.

Any input appreciated.

--
Ottavio