[Juser] Lost messages

Cesar Alcalde lambda512 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 10:10:44 UTC 2014

With an ejabberd server I have seen a similar behaviour.

Messages sent to offline users are stored and delivered when the user
connects. But, if the user is online but the connection breaks, the server
takes 10-15 minutes yo realize that the user is offline (that is, send the
offline presence to his/her contacts). Messages sent in that period are
lost and not sent when the user connects again.

I don't remember what happened when the user reconnected inside the 10
minute interval.

Since xabber is a mobile client, I guess that disconnections are relatively
common.