[Juser] Cipher Suite Upgrades for Improved Security

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Thu Mar 20 02:58:02 UTC 2014

In order to improve the security of your connections to the jabber.org
IM service, we have upgraded the list of cipher suites that we support
for Transport Layer Security (TLS). Specifically, we have removed a
number of weak cipher suites that provide low levels of protection. As a
result of these changes, it is possible that some client software will
not able to connect (e.g., very old clients, and software exported to
certain countries).

Please post to this list if you experience difficulties.

Peter

P.S. The jabber.org IM service now receives an "A" grade from the IM
Observatory: