[Juser] Thunderbird and jabber.org

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Mon Mar 31 17:17:55 UTC 2014

On 3/31/14, 11:00 AM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> On 3/31/14, 10:31 AM, Philipp wrote:
>
>> Port : 5223
>
> Don't specify the port number.
>
> I have Thunderbird so I will do some testing, too.

Well, I can't log in either. Unfortunately the error reporting is less
than complete. Here is what I see in the Thunderbird error console:

Timestamp: 3/31/14, 11:10:37 AM
Error: Error decoding: nonce="/ONKigqNy8lmswowXo/X0ipuUsNDxszDRbgtDSZanwg="
Source File: resource:///modules/xmpp-session.jsm
Line: 349
Source Code:
prpl-jabber

Based on a quick look at the code, I'd say the problem might be related
to the DIGEST-MD5 authentication mechanism, which is notorious for a
lack of good interoperability.