[Juser] Trouble joining MUCs at conference.jabber.ru

Alexander Batischev eual.jp at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 20:20:43 UTC 2016

Hello,

For the past few months or so I've been experiencing problems with MUCs
hosted on conference.jabber.ru. I've spoken to admins of jabber.ru, and
it appears that jabber.org drops the server-to-server connection to
jabber.ru. Details follow.

First, the symptoms. I have more than 10 MUCs in my roster, and my
client auto-joins them on startup. But for most of those MUCs,
I immediately receive the following error:

    <presence from='X at conference.jabber.ru/Me'
              to='JID'
              type='unavailable'>
      <status>
        This participant is kicked from the room because he sent an
        error presence: remote-server-not-found
      </status>
      <x xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/muc#user'>
        <item affiliation='member' role='none'/>
        <status code='110'/>
      </x>
    </presence>

And if I'm not kicked out of the MUC with the aforementioned error, last
messages log and/or topic are often missing, and I often don't see
myself in the users list of these MUCs. Rejoining the conferences (by
hand) sometimes help, but there are a small set of MUCs where rejoining
consistently *doesn't* help.

Here's how situation looks like from jabber.ru's standpoint:
http://lpaste.net/858522898288082944 The payload is the topic of one of
the conferences I join. As you can see, jabber.org terminates the
connection right afterwards (line 50). My client never gets the topic.

I tried both mcabber 1.0.0 and Psi 0.14—the problems are the same
regardless of the client.

I'm Minoru on jabber at conference.jabber.org, online usually from 12pm
till 9pm UTC, and am ready to cooperate if any of the admins are willing
to investigate. I'm also subscribed to the list and will provide any
details you require.

--
Regards,
Alexander Batischev

PGP key 356961A20C8BFD03
Fingerprint: CE6C 4307 9348 58E3 FD94  A00F 3569 61A2 0C8B FD03