[Juser] Trouble joining MUCs at conference.jabber.ru

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at isode.com
Sun Jan 10 09:52:11 UTC 2016

On 10 Jan 2016, at 09:39, Alexander Batischev <eual.jp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When I started my client this morning, auto-joined some conferences and joined the rest by hand, I didn't see any single one where the problem is still present.
>
> Jabber.ru's admins haven't responded to me yet, so I don't know if they did anything on their side.
>
> I'll keep you in the loop.

conference.jabber.ru was trying to send stanzas to jabber.org, and jabber.org was closing the connection with an error because of (what it thinks is) illegal XML being sent. The XML in question was from the room subject. I haven’t checked to see whether it really was illegal or not.

If the room subject has been changed in the interim, that’d explain why it’s now working for you.

/K