[Juser] Trouble joining MUCs at conference.jabber.ru

Alexander Batischev eual.jp at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 18:53:23 UTC 2016

On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 09:52:11AM +0000, Kevin Smith wrote:
>I haven’t checked to see whether it really was illegal or not.

I checked. It looks valid to me. One of jabber.ru's administrators and
one of the users in their support conference reached the same
conclusion.

>If the room subject has been changed in the interim, that’d explain why
>it’s now working for you.

1. It hasn't been changed.
2. This MUC was just one of the five or so where I could reproduce the
   problem reliably, so we used it when investigating.
3. I could reproduce the problem even when I didn't join this particular
   MUC at all.

I'm suspecting the admins of jabber.org just silently fixed it.

--
Regards,
Alexander Batischev

PGP key 356961A20C8BFD03
Fingerprint: CE6C 4307 9348 58E3 FD94  A00F 3569 61A2 0C8B FD03