[Juser] Recommendations: Usable clients (Windows, iOS)?

Kristian Rink kawazu428 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 07:26:02 UTC 2017

Am Samstag, den 08.04.2017, 22:50 +0200 schrieb W. Martin Borgert:

> Nor Linux.

Yes - but Linux in our case is not that much of a problem. Our Linux
users generally are more tech-savvy and less intimidated by or focussed
on certain usability aspects. We mostly use gajim or empathy which seems
to work with some limitations and some things that *never* seem to work
well (sending binary files, having a reliable and concise server-sided
message history, ...).

> I suggest to port Conversations to other platforms than Android
> or write a similar client. If you are not a programmer or do not
> have resources or interest in doing this, maybe you could (co-)
> fund such a "Conversations PC edition" project? I'm confident,
> that there were a lot of interest!

Are you / is anyone aware of any such project? I'm part time developer
and I would be able to spend both an amount of time and, if necessary,
an amount of money on such a project but I lack the resources to get
this started. :|

Best regards,
Kristian