[Juser] Recommendations: Usable clients (Windows, iOS)?

W. Martin Borgert debacle at debian.org
Tue Apr 11 08:42:38 UTC 2017

On 2017-04-10 09:26, Kristian Rink wrote:
> Are you / is anyone aware of any such project? I'm part time developer
> and I would be able to spend both an amount of time and, if necessary,
> an amount of money on such a project but I lack the resources to get
> this started. :|

Funny: Just yesterday I discovered "dino", which is a modern
XMPP client in Conversations style for Linux. It is written
with GTK+, which is great for Linux, but not very good (IMHO &
YMMV) for Windows and Mac. Anyway, better than nothing, right?

Homepage: https://github.com/dino/dino

Issue about Windows support: https://github.com/dino/dino/issues/18

Note, that dino is very new software. It already supports OMEMO
and OpenPGP, which is great, but don't expect it to be
production ready (soon) in any functional aspect. I don't know
the developers and have no idea, whether they are open to
patches, but assume they will welcome any helping hands.

For iOS, there is ChatSecure, but I never used it (neither
ChatSecure nor iOS).

Good luck!