[Juser] send "sticky" message to all clients?

Kristian Rink kawazu428 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 20:55:00 UTC 2017

Hi Peter, Sam;

and thanks for your feedback. While generally I also wouldn't want my
client to throw messages right at my face, I also do have that use case
where our zabbix (network monitoring system) does broadcast system
alerts via XMPP so I don't want these go unnoticed - and our internal
users are way more annoyed by not seeing important messages. ;)

Am 30.11.2017 um 20:13 schrieb Sam Whited:
> On Thu, Nov 30, 2017, at 13:12, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>> You could potentially use an app that has special handling for messages
>> of type='headline' (most likely you would need to convince the developer
>> to add this feature)
[...]
> If I'm not mistaken both Pidgin and Gajim handle headline messages this
> way, so on the desktop you might actually be reasonably well catered
> too.

As far as I played and tested with this earlier today, it seems this is
the feature I found in gajim (called "server messages" in there). So far
this comes closest to what I want. I'll try and see how this works out.

This, too, will work on all the desktops so I'm fine with that, and I do
have Conversations for Android. Which only leaves iOS uncovered a bit,
still searching... :)

Thanks again and all the best,
Kristian