[Juser] KDE IM Requirements

W. Martin Borgert debacle at debian.org
Mon Feb 12 20:24:58 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 2018-02-11 01:22, seve at delape.net wrote:
> So I pasted the requirements here for you all, here: http://paste.debian.net/plainh/6426eac4

The requirement list is a little bit strange for a developer
community. On one hand they care a lot about having avatar
images here or there, on the other hand, console clients are not
even mentioned. Anyway, a lot on their list makes sense.

I believe, that the KDE community must find out and decide for
themselves. There is not much people can do, who are not KDE
developers (or not even users). If they will use something free,
federated, and privacy-respecting, I'm fine with it.

You may ask them:

 - Do they want to have console clients?
   XMPP offers mcabber, poezio, primitivus/jp, profanity...

 - Do they want powerful web applications?
   XMPP offers Movim (kick ass!) and many JS clients...

 - Do they want smartphone apps?
   XMPP offers ChatSecure, Conversations, Xabber, Yaxim...

 - Do they want a cool KDE/Qt client?
   XMPP offers ... let me think ... nothing!

https://kdetalk.net/ has been introduced in 2005, but I'm not
sure about its state today. Is it still actively maintained?
Who is in charge?

Cheers