[Juser] [stpeter/jabberdotorg] jabber.org service, website, announcements etc (#1)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Fri May 4 22:56:44 UTC 2018

As posted to https://github.com/stpeter/jabberdotorg/issues/1 ...

On 3/29/18 10:16 AM, Neustradamus wrote:
> Jabber.org is managed by volunteers like we can read on the main page:
> https://www.jabber.org/ with a link to https://www.jabber.org/team.html.
>
> We can note:
>
>   * The mailing list is abandoned (mail must be validated):

Who says the list is abandoned? There is discussion, just not very frequent:

https://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/juser/

>   * No news since 2014 on https://www.jabber.org/notices.html

Nothing to report.

>   * No news since 2013 https://identi.ca/jabberdotorg, can be removed?
>     (not used since migration of StatusNet to Pumpio)

Yes, I'll delete that account.

>   * There are some news but not all: https://twitter.com/jabberdotorg

I did change the account password yesterday, though.

>   * No announcements about crashs (Web, XMPP, etc), changes like
>     certificat, ...

Certificates change frequently, via Let's Encrypt. Doesn't seem worth an
announcement.

>   * When the XMPP certificat is expired and when we inform directly, no
>     reply

Expired certificates have been taken care of quite quickly, no?

>   * When we inform team on jabber at conference.jabber.org
>     <mailto:jabber at conference.jabber.org> (it is not us...), maybe time
>     to update the team page?

I'll admit I don't hang out there all the time.

>   * When a person requests a password reset, no reply (example @camaran
>     <https://github.com/camaran>)

Over the last year I have responded to hundreds, perhaps thousands, of
password requests. Sorry if I missed a few.

>   * No ticket tracking

Feel free to post to the list here.