[Juser] XMPP for weechat or similar

Philip Durbin philipdurbin at gmail.com
Fri May 3 01:12:58 UTC 2019

Hi! I use weechat in a screen session to connect to IRC servers (including
Gitter's IRC gateway) and I'm looking for a similar user experience for
XMPP servers, especially for Multi-User Chat.

In #weechat on freenode I was told that the jabber.py script for weechat
isn't very good. They suggested setting up BitlBee to connect to XMPP
servers followed by setting up weechat to use BitlBee. I could try this but
I'm also open to running a separate console-based XMPP client.

What do you recommend for a weechat user interested in XMPP Multi-User Chat?

Thanks!

Phil