[Juser] Turning off OMEMO

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Sat Jul 25 12:56:23 UTC 2020

Hello,

I think encryption in general is a very good thing, but in our case it's
better not to use encryption. Our messages are in a private group, but
not secret in any way.

OMEMO encryption is a bit complex for some users, and some applications
do not support it for groups, or not well.  For example Thunderbird and
the program "Chats" on my Pinephone.

Some people told me I could turn off to show JIDs with Gajim, then OMEMO
encryption is not offered anymore. But this seems not to work, I can
still send encrypted messages.

Is there a way to turn-off OMEMO encryption in some settings of a
private group chat?

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis

https://www.vandervlis.nl/