[Juser] [jabber.org] Please participate in the-federation.info

Martin debacle at debian.org
Sat Jun 27 08:11:29 UTC 2020

Dear Peter,

just to put yet another task on your table:

https://the-federation.info/ is a web site with statistics about
federated, social networks, such as Diaspora, Mastodon, Matrix,
and XMPP. Because most servers of the former three participate,
but only a few, smaller XMPP servers, the statistics are skewed.

On 2020-06-26, Ingo Jürgensmann wrote:

> I think it would help XMPP in general when more sites would
> participate there, just to show off that there are users of
> XMPP and how many of them... for that it would be great to
> have larger XMPP servers join as well.

(https://nerdculture.de/@ij/104411679066523931)

With prosody, it is very easy to participate by installing
mod_nodeinfo2: https://modules.prosody.im/mod_nodeinfo2.html

Cheers