[Operators] gmail.com S2S problems

Robert Larson karma0 at karma0.org
Thu Apr 10 09:40:57 CDT 2008

> brady.k at gmail.com.
> Subscription: none
> Presence Error: Remote server not found.
> A remote server or service specified as part or all of the JID of the
> intended recipient does not exist.

I receive the same error when I try to add anyone from gmail.  I am
currently under the assumption that there is something wrong with the SRV
records in my setup.  Could it be that something changed recently with your
DNS?  If you monitor the traffic at your server, do you see traffic going
out to gmail, and coming back?  Also, have you tried adding or re-adding
others to see if it might be that something stopped working?