[Operators] server reputation

Neil Stevens neil at hakubi.us
Fri Apr 18 16:45:24 CDT 2008

Jesse Thompson wrote:
> But you're probably right.  I don't really know how many legitimate
> email/im messages would be blocked if I started blocking email/im from
> any email/im server that is hosted on a dynamic network.  My feeling is
> that there are very few legitimate email/im services that don't have
> static IPs for their MX/s2s traffic.

Well, I know many of the false positives that bounce my email as spam
tend to be so-called DULs that are inaccurate.

Whetehr this is acceptable depends on what your goal is: To deliver all
legitimate traffic, while blocking as much spam as possible, or to block
all spam, while delivering only some percentage of all legitimate traffic.

Neil Stevens - neil at hakubi.us

If you're seeing shades of gray, it's because you're not
looking close enough to see the black and white dots.