[Operators] server reputation

Brian Cully bcully at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 17:29:17 CDT 2008

On 21-Apr-2008, at 17:15, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Do we need a general HOWTO for server admins so that we can have
> something to point to when we say RTFM?

	Yes. I think this is something almost everyone deals with at some
point, and an easy guide would probably go a long way to smoothing
that out.

	Also, a test s2s server, graciously donated by some kind soul on the
internet would also be useful, as one could use it for diagnosis.
Something like an s2s validator. Or: call me crazy, but an XMPP-wide
validator, for RFC/XEP compliance, and so forth. There are also areas
in the way of the Route Arbiter that might be useful, should our
lovely community grow large enough.

	In case my case isn't clear: I am /all/ for hand-holding everyone all
the way through the process (provided I, personally, don't have to
hold any hands). The easier this gets the faster we can take over the
world!

-bjc