[Operators] Secure Communications Week
stpeter at stpeter.im
Thu Aug 14 16:46:51 CDT 2008
I've previously mentioned the idea of requiring SSL/TLS encryption at
some of the larger services on the Jabber network, starting on the tenth
anniversary of Jeremie Miller's original code release -- January 4 2009.
As preparation for that event, I propose that we hold a "secure
communications week" to see what problem arise. Here's the idea:
- Start Date: Saturday, October 4, 2008
- End Date: Saturday, October 11, 2008
- Require SSL or TLS for client-to-server connections
- Optionally require SSL/TLS for server-to-server connections
- Gather statistics and user feedback
- Share lessons learned and move toward ubiquitous encryption
What do you think?
I've created a wiki page here:
Ping me if you need a wiki account to edit that page.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 7338 bytes
Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
Url : http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/operators/attachments/20080814/b73117a3/attachment.bin
More information about the Operators