[Operators] Secure Communications Week

Tobias Klausmann klausman at schwarzvogel.de
Fri Aug 15 03:39:28 CDT 2008

Hi!

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> What do you think?

Principally speaking, I'm all for it.

> - Optionally require SSL/TLS for server-to-server connections

This might be a bump since there are server implementations that
only support self-signed certs (older jabberds) or are very hairy
when it comes to Cert management (Openfire makes me very unhappy
in this regard).

> http://wiki.jabber.org/index.php/Secure_Communications_Week

It'd be nice if that page had (links to) howtos for S2S Cert
configuration for the usual server implementations (jabberd1/2,
ejabberd, openfire, are there more?). Also, it could mention
cacert.org (which is my free cert provider of choice).

Regards,
Tobias

--
DPRINTK("Last time you were disconnected, how about now?\n");
        linux-2.6.6/drivers/net/tokenring/ibmtr.c