[Operators] Secure Communications Week

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Fri Aug 15 10:52:33 CDT 2008

David Horwitz wrote:

> Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>> David Horwitz wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I just was looking at registering our service at www.xmpp.net Is
>>> there  any reason why xmpp@[domain] is not a valid verification
>>> address? Being a large university all the other addresses are handled
>>> by other departments....
>>
>> Yes, I know. That policy is set by the root CA we use (StartCom) and
>> we don't have any control over it, since we're just an intermediate CA.
>>
> Well I'll just have to go be super nice to the university postmaster on
> Monday :-)

Yes, the postmaster will need to forward a certain email to you, or
answer that you are authorized to receive a certificate for the xmpp
service at the particular domain you're interested in. I need to write a
page about that that at the xmpp.net website one of these days. Until
then, feel free to ping me via IM for details about your particular
situation.

/psa