[Operators] s2s presence packets not going to/from Gmail and Google Apps domains

Jesse Thompson jesse.thompson at doit.wisc.edu
Tue Feb 19 14:46:56 CST 2008

We can't get presence packets to go to/from Gmail and Google Apps users.

Our server cluster (ejabberd) is running otherwise fine.  All s2s
communication works with every other domain (that I'm aware of.)

This has been happening for over a week or two, but it worked fine in
the past.

We can send and receive *messages* to/from Google without issue.  It's
just the presence packets that get hung up.

Presence packets go through to Google just fine when using our test
cluster.

Netstat shows that the server is connected to Google, both incoming and
outgoing.

I'm at a loss.  Has anyone else seen similar issues with Google?

--
  Jesse Thompson
  Email/IM: jesse.thompson at doit.wisc.edu